Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Did the earth move for you too?

Just woken from an early night by an earthquake. It was the biggest I have felt in the UK. It was 5.3 on the Richter Scale with the epicentre in Lincolnshire close to Market Rasen. Not major but scary.

UPDATE
BBC report here. I am still waiting for the first email joke though.

FURTHER UPDATE
Hakmao has a take on it at the DSTPFW (good comment by Eric) and as for Francis Sedgemore at both the Trots and his place ... Whilst Pootergeek expresses his full sympathy for the victims.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what about the children?

Anonymous said...

felt nowt here so couldn't give a fuck.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I was in bed so no great surprise.

Anonymous said...

So it wasn't felt in London, eh? Well that means it just didn't happen, doesn't it. If it doesn't happen hugger mugger to the Bow Bells it just ain't worth talking about. Its a bit like Matthew Norman's restaurant column in the Graun's me + my frdge colour supplemtn. Points vary with distance from dat Lundon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my Londonophobia got the better of my spelling. And the strange thing is that I quite like the Great Wen.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, that headline got me confused for a moment. We had us a field day with a similar occasion but different overtones:

http://simplyjews.blogspot.com/2008/02/shas-mk-blames-gays-for-recent.html

And of course the motive of the earth moving...

Cheers.